Friday, August 5, 2022

50th Anniversary Party Cont'd

 On Sunday we met at a "rec center" in Sandy. A few months ago, I was talking to Katie about how we were trying to figure out a place where we could all fit on a Sunday and she said that Critter's stake has a stand-alone church gym/kitchen that's able to be reserved on Sundays. He reserved that for us, and it was perfect for what we needed! 

Lori made this cute balloon arch for a good picture spot. 
Al had prepared some games for us to play in the afternoon, and the kids (and Paul) had fun playing basketball and exploring the rec center.
All the married nephews and their cute wives!
Katie came over and took some pictures of the whole group for us. We were missing Dante and Lindy (she's serving a mission), but everyone else was there!
Then it was time to eat. Mel, Julie, and I planned the menu and tried to make it as delicious and easy as we could. I think it turned out great.
Ha! I love this picture. :)
After dinner, we had a little talent show. Tessa and Hallee did a dance. It was adorable!
Caitlyn and Hallee changed the words of "Jolene" to "Peggy" and sang that. It was so funny!
Elena sang a solo and then Hallee, Caitlyn, Elena, Paige, and Johanna sang Can't Help Falling in Love With You. Both songs were beautiful.
Matt made a couple slideshows. The first one was pictures of my parents from the time they met until now, set to the sweetest song called Like My Father. I cry a little every time I watch it. A few people talked including Al, Gary, Kyle, EJ, Lori, Keith and my parents. Matt played a newlywed-type game, and Jonah and Cody acted out my parents' dating and engagement story. Lori made these big heads that they used while telling the story, and it was so funny!
And lastly, we had cake and watched the longer slideshow that Matt had made, which included pictures of the whole family throughout all 50 years. It was a really great party for some really great people, parents, and grandparents! We all love you Mom & Dad!!

Toward the end of the night, Damon was crying and Jacob asked him what was wrong. He told him that Rockwell wasn't letting him play anymore. I walked up and heard Jake saying, "Well I want to play with you!" Damon said he didn't know how to play the game that Jake, Cody, and Jonah were playing. Jake responded, "Let's play a game you know how to play. What do you want to play?" He cheered Damon right up and played a game with him. It was so sweet!! We have some of the nicest teenagers in our family! That meant so much to me!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post just like I loved the whole event! That was so sweet of Jacob and very impressive! We do have the nicest teenagers in our family and the most amazing family who I love dearly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was the best, the whole thing! Jacob is such a good kid, what a stud!

    ReplyDelete