Monday, July 8, 2024

FSY

 Rockwell went to FSY at BYU the first week of summer break.

I was so sad to drop him off for a whole week. I was so excited for him to have this experience where I knew he would learn a ton and grow and have so much fun, but I knew I would miss seeing him!!
He was nothing but excited though! :) He went with Wyatt and they were so excited to spend a whole week together.
Aubrey texted me this picture as we were getting Rockwell settled in. Brig and Joe had gone to find the room where they were supposed to meet for the company kick-off, and it was Rockwell's room. What are the chances?! There were thousands of kids there, and he ends up in the same company as some of his best friends. That made him even more excited for the week!
He absolutely loved his experience there. He loved his company, all the classes, the dances, the food, the testimony meeting, the free time, all of it. He was very sad to say goodbye to his new friends and come home on Saturday. It's been fun to hear some of the things that he learned (sparingly over the past few weeks, haha. He's not one to spill all his stories as soon as he gets home, especially when he was feeling so sad about coming home at the time) and see the new habits he's started in his life. I think his desire to grow closer to Jesus Christ was strengthened and he was very grateful that he got to go.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad the boys went together. Wyatt had the best time with Rockwell!

    ReplyDelete