Saturday, July 13, 2019

Day 1- Sea Day

Carnival has an awesome kid's camp with fun activities pretty much all day long. There are different groups based on ages, and luckily they let Rockwell move down to the 6-8 year old camp so he could be with Wyatt. They wouldn't budge on letting Damon move up to that age group so he could be with Tessa and Rockwell though. He considered it for a minute, but decided he did not want to go in by himself, so he spent all his time with the rest of us. He was amazing! He didn't complain much and was okay going along with the flow of whatever Paul and I were doing. Isn't he just the cutest little thing?!
After we dropped the kids off at Camp Ocean, we went and watched the big boys compete in a few basketball competitions.

It was fun to watch them play and to see them watch out for each other during the games.
After that, we headed inside for a Harry Potter Trivia Game. We met up with my parents, who had been with Kyle helping to give him a priesthood blessing. He ate one bite of a muffin at breakfast and could tell right away that something was wrong. The menu was not marked correctly, and Julie later learned that the muffin was made with almond flour. Poor Kyle had a hard time breathing and broke out in hives. He spent some time at the medical facilities, and after some cortisone shots and a lot of rest, he eventually felt better, although very exhausted. These food allergies are no joke, and it can be so scary to take your kids places that you haven't been before. We are all so relieved and grateful that Kyle is okay!!
Since it was Sunday, my parents reserved the Board Room and we all met there that afternoon for a family devotional. My parents shared a few of their favorite Bible verses with us, and connected them to the good they see in our family. My dad talked about the second great commandment, to love our neighbors. He said it brings my parents so much joy to see our family living that commandment by the love they see us practicing.
Gary, Matt, Al, and Cody also decided to share some thoughts on Christ.
After that, we took some pictures with Grandma, Grandpa and all the grandkids in the awesome shirts that Lori made for everyone. We love the shirts that Lori makes! These ones said Cruisin' With My Cousins.
I sure love all these kids!
Grandma had the candy bar game ready, and the grandkids were so excited to play!
After that, we hung out for a while and just visited with everyone.
There were two formal nights during the cruise, and we decided to hurry and get ready for that night's formal night and take the family picture. We all clean up pretty nicely! And quickly! :)

That night Paul stayed in the cabin with the kids at bedtime and I went to a show with some of the family.

Then I stopped into karaoke because some of the kids were in there. I was exhausted, but once I saw Caitlyn and Jonah sign up, I knew I had to see that. That's the first time I've been to karaoke, and it was fascinating to me. I cannot imagine standing in front of people and singing! Cait and Jonah were so cute, they had the whole room sing happy birthday to their mom. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Damon, the cutest boy ever! He was so good, I was so impressed with how easy going and patient he was. He is so much fun to have around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damon is just the cutest little boy and he is so good natured and easy to have with us! Great pictures of such fun activities! I too love the children so much and am so thankful for all of them!

    ReplyDelete