Rockwell had his first race of the season at the Cottonwood Complex.
I love that you can see Koy cheering Rockwell on in this picture. :) He's a great coach!
Rockwell ran well. He could breathe, so he was really happy about that!
He finished 28th place (4th on the team) with a time of 17:15 (This course is a shorter one, just 2.9 miles)
Both the boys varsity and the girls varsity teams took 1st place at this meet! Apparently Rockwell and Luke both kissed the plaque to celebrate?? Haha!
Their second meet was Pre-Region at the Scera Park.
He was holding in 4th place on the team again the whole course, and so I thought I had it timed right to get to the finish line. Somewhere in the last stretch, he kicked it hard though. I almost missed him going through the finish line, but luckily I made it there right in time for him to run past. He was so so so excited that he could kick at the end again! It's been a long time since his larynx has let him do that, and he said it felt so good! I'm thrilled for him that he's learning his breathing techniques and having success with it so far this season.
No comments:
Post a Comment