We went to the Faith Walk at Heber Valley Camp.
It was a night where they invited Stake Presidencies and Stake YW/YM Presidencies from our area. Emily Belle Freeman (General YW President) was there and spoke to us before we started.
This was such a unique experience. We started with writing something that we're struggling with in invisible ink.
Then we each put on a pair of headphones and walked about a mile and a half through the mountain along a lit path. The headphones had meaningful music, along with prompts of where to stop and what to consider along the way. There were videos with people's stories of overcoming challenges through Christ and pictures of Christ with stories from His life. Toward the beginning of the Walk, we went through a tunnel where the papers everyone wrote with invisible ink were hanging. We could read the things people are struggling with, see patterns, and see many that we could relate to. Toward the end of the walk, after "walking with Christ" through stories from His life and His teachings, we were invited to ponder what we think Jesus Christ would say to us if we were to see Him right now. We wrote down what we think He would say to us with invisible ink, and then walked through another tunnel where we could read what people had written. It was so impactful to see what people know about Christ and what He would tell them, especially after seeing what those same people are struggling with in their lives.
I really loved that we were all together, but the experience was so personal for each of us at the same time. Rockwell had not wanted to come that night. He had gotten home from Moab the day before and really wanted to spend all day at home. Paul and I insisted that he come though and asked him to trust us on this one. When we were finished and walking back to our car, he said, "I hate when I'm wrong and my parents are right! That was amazing and I'm really glad I came." We all thought it was well worth our time and a really meaningful experience.
Tessa got to take care of Tilly for a week while Scout's family was on vacation. She loved that!
Grandma Clark took Rockwell out for his birthday date. They went to the mall and got some jorts, and then had lunch at Cheesecake Factory. It was a fun day for them!
Damon and Paul tried a few breakfast places while Tessa and I were in Florida and Rockwell was at FSY. It's been fun that Damon and Paul have gotten some time just the two of them the past couple summers. They have some fun boys time. :)







I'm glad you told us about the Faith Walk, that was really cool!
ReplyDelete